The Importance of Dental Health
Feeling Good from Head to Toe
It may surprise you to learn that the health of your teeth and gums has a direct impact on your overall health.
- Cavities left untreated can cause infection and abscesses.
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint — the joint near your ear) dysfunction can cause headaches, neck and jaw pain, back and shoulder pain and more.
- Periodontal disease (Gum disease) can cause tooth loss, bone loss and infection.
But recent studies have proven a more serious link between your oral health and your total health.
It’s been proven that the bacteria associated with gum disease can cause an increase risk in:
- Heart Disease
- Certain cancers, including pancreatic cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Complications controlling blood sugar levels in diabetes
- Low birth weight babies
- Premature birth
Knowing this information, it’s more important than ever to take good care of your teeth and gums!