Click the image above for an educational video on
Soft Tissue Laser.
Soft Tissue Laser — So Many Possibilities
Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Here are some of the major benefits associated with laser dentistry:
- Soft tissue lasers seal tissue as it treats it. Often, procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers do not require sutures (stitches).
- Completely comfortable, many laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding. The high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss and promoting quick healing.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
When Are Soft Tissue Lasers Used?
- Crown Lengthening: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue (soft tissue laser) and bone (hard tissue laser) to expose healthier tooth structure. Referred to as crown lengthening, such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
- Gummy Smile: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile.
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula): A laser frenectomy is an ideal treatment option for children who are tongue tied (restricted or tight frenulum) and babies unable to breast feed adequately due to limited tongue movement. A laser frenectomy may also help to eliminate speech impediments.
- Soft Tissue Folds (Epulis): Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.
- Periodontal treatment: Soft tissue lasers remove damaged gum tissue, kill bacteria, and promote gum reattachment to tooth root.
- Apthous Ulcer treatment (canker sore): Lasers can immediately alleviate the discomfort associated with ulcers.
We Use the Latest Technological advances to Ensure You Get Optimal Care
Our expert team, provides the highest standard of professional care in a friendly, comfortable environment.